In Washington State naturopathic doctors (ND) are licensed as primary care doctors. As a provider of natural medicine, I am trained and licensed to treat the full spectrum of medical conditions, as well as focus on the prevention of disease.
Visit types range from acute visits for conditions such as an upper respiratory infection or a urinary tract infection, to ongoing care for chronic conditions such as gastrointestinal disorders (IBS/ food allergies) where we are trying to understand and address the underlying cause of imbalance. This is where the naturopathic approach shines as we look for and treat the cause of health imbalance rather than only addressing the symptoms.
In addition, I perform wellness exams such as annual gynecological exams and physical exams.
Some examples of commonly treated conditions (not an exclusive list):
- hormonal imbalances: thyroid conditions, menstrual irregularities, adrenal hypofunction (adrenal fatigue)
- gastrointestinal disorders: food sensitivities/ intolerances/allergies, IBS, SIBO, ulcerative colitis, crohn’s disease, constipation
- autoimmune conditions: thyroid disease, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis
- mood imbalances: anxiety, depression
- sleep imbalances: insomnia, sleep disturbances
- acute conditions: upper respiratory infections, sinus infections, urinary tract infection.
keep in mind that my approach is focused on the individual person
rather than a name of a disease.
What type of diagnostic testing is offered?
Depending on your condition, routine lab work (pap smears, chemistry panels) or specific labs (viral panel, STD testing) pertaining to your condition can be ordered. Also, lab tests such as food allergy testing, digestive function testing, and salivary hormonal testing (ex adrenal gland testing) may be ordered to provide more information about what is contributing to your health concerns.