Biotherapeutic drainage, practiced in Europe for over 100 years, is a system of medicine that assists the body in eliminating disease-causing toxins, thus restoring proper function and balance to organ systems.
The accumulation of toxicity, a person’s inborn predispositions and lifestyle factors are directly contributory to the manifestations of chronic conditions. By using the principles of Biotherapeutic drainage, we can address these accumulations and ultimately the causative factors as to why we get ill. There are several different specific remedies that can aid in this process. UNDA numbers contain homeopathic medicines in very powerful, synergistic combinations and are formulated according to principles Chinese medicine, homeopathy, Anthroposophy and alchemy. These remedies are formulated to specifically to address the underlying cause of disease rather than just treat symptoms.
What are “toxins” and how can toxins cause disease?
“Toxin” simply means any agent that causes poisoning, or malfunctioning of the body when it enters or is created in the body. Toxins have the ability to bind to your body’s own enzyme systems, clogging up the works and preventing normal functioning. They can be poisonous to your nervous system, joints, gastrointestinal system, liver and other systems. They can reduce your energy and cause pain and disease.
Toxins come in many forms:
- Environmental, such as pesticides, herbicides, petrochemicals that enter through your diet, air and skin.
- Biological toxins, such as byproducts of candida (yeast) or bacteria or viruses living in your body.
- Heavy metals such as lead, mercury and arsenic, etc.
- Your own hormones and cell’s natural metabolic wastes such as carbon dioxide and uric acid can also become toxins if they accumulate in excessive amounts or if your liver and kidneys have difficulty processing them efficiently.
Biotherapeutic drainage principles can help your body to process and remove these toxins. Reducing your toxic burden can lead to reduced pain, increased energy, improved digestion, elimination of allergies, healthier skin and hair, reduced pain, increased mental functioning and can reverse many diseases, restoring your body to balance and health.
What do the Biotherapeutic Drainage Remedies do?
- Open the body’s main pathways of detoxification, called the primary routes of elimination: the gastrointestinal system (including the liver), the lungs, the kidneys and the skin and the emotional body. This is like opening the doors of your body to allow toxins a way out!
- Allows for the accumulated toxins to exit cells into the extracellular space (the space in your body between the living cells).
- Encourage the further movement of toxins from the extracellular space out of the body through one of the “open doors” or primary routes of elimination
- Promote healing of damaged systems and restore proper functioning to sluggish or overactive systems so that the body may be restored to a state of balance and health.
By using these remedies and principles, we want the body to produce a reaction, self- regulate, and return to healthy physiologic functioning.
Isn’t this the same thing as “Detox?”
No, not quite. “Detox” or “detoxification” refers to moving stored toxins out of the extracellular spaces of the liver and the colon. Although it can be quite helpful, it is often temporary in its benefit as it does not address the intracellular toxins accumulated throughout the body! Only drainage can get the toxins out of your actual body’s living cells for permanent removal. “Detox” also does not involve tonification of your weakened systems, but Biotherapeutic Drainage can be used to support and improve functioning of sluggish or weak systems in the body. This is critical for recovery from chronic illnesses.
Who can benefit from Drainage?
Anyone with one of the following health concerns:
- Hormonal imbalances such as a thyroid disorders, menopause or adrenal fatigue.
- Chemical sensitivity
- Premenstrual syndrome or menstrual disorders
- Digestive disorders
- Chronic pain conditions such as fibromyalgia or arthritis
- Chronic debilitating conditions such as multiple sclerosis
- Autoimmune conditions such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, Grave’s or Hashimoto’s diseases
- Chronic fatigue states
- Chronic candida (yeast) or viral infections
- Migraine headaches
- Chronic skin disorders, such as eczema and psoriasis
- High cholesterol or other metabolic products accumulating in the body.
Anyone who wants to do preventive medicine to maintain his or her health and vitality.
Here is some more information on biotherapeutic drainage.